Saturday, May 28, 2016

Les Invalides


Les Invalides (French pronunciation: ​[lezɛ̃valid]), commonly known as Hôtel national des Invalides (The National Residence of the Invalids), or also as Hôtel des Invalides, is a complex of buildings in the 7th arrondissement of ParisFrance, containing museums and monuments, all relating to the military history of France, as well as a hospital and a retirement home for war veterans, the building's original purpose. The buildings house the Musée de l'Armée, the military museum of the Army of France, the Musée des Plans-Reliefs, and the Musée d'Histoire Contemporaine, as well as the Dôme des Invalides, a large church with the burial site for some of France's war heroes, most notably Napoleon Bonaparte (lists below).

What I See
  • I see Napoleons coffin/ Je Vois le crecuil de Napoleon
  • I see Paintings of war/ Je vois peintures de guerre
  • I see stairs to the museum/ Je vois d'escalliers du musee
  • I see monuments/ Je vois monuments
  • I see a dome/ Je vois une dome


Confit de Canard

Confit de Canard



Ispahan


Ispahan



No comments:

Post a Comment